Sunday, June 20, 2021

 

A Letter to My Dad

June 20, 2021

 

Dear Dad,

It’s been a while since we last spoke. I’m sure you’re having a grand time up there in heaven. Just wanted to let you know that I miss talking to you . You always had a way of supporting and lifting me up every time we spoke.

I want to thank you for everything you did as a dad for me. I know you weren’t perfect and made mistakes but you were a great dad and husband. I want you to know that watching you love us and love mom impacted me in the way I love my sons and Ginger. The things you taught me were so important and are things I try to do today as father and husband.

First, you taught me to work hard, because nothing is free in this world. You taught be that what you put into it, you get back.

Second, you taught me to treat people with love and respect. “Treat people the way you want to be treated.”

Third, live everyday to its fullest, like it’s the last day on this earth. Take a moment to look up and around at the beauty of this world.

Last but by far the most important, you taught me how to love and laugh.

You would be so happy to your family today. Your grandsons are developing into young successful men. Our house is filled with love and laughter. Sure we have difficulties, but love holds it all together.

You taught me what it takes to be husband and a father. You were my dad but you were also my best friend.

Thank you Dad. I love you and one day we’ll see each other again.

Love,

Your son Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment